The Big Breakfast has as its main and only objective returning your youth by correcting health - A life with regulated blood sugar, and the ability to die healthy.
What do we mean by die healthy? To live a healthy life till the day you lay your head down.
BB does not have as its main aim super-fast fat loss, portion control, units and nanny's telling you what you can and cannot eat.
BB lifestyle focuses on eating dense micronutrients and avoiding refined sugars/carbs, processed foods and vegetable oils.
Suggested place to start:
- Pay attention to your next five meals and see how much white (pasta, rice, bread, sugar, pap, gluten and milk) it contains.
- Remove the white (pasta, rice, bread, pap, gluten and milk) and replace with simple greens - like spinach or lettuce etc;
- Add butter, lard and coconut oil to everything;
- If you were told you weren't allowed to eat it, now is your chance- butter, cream, cheese, avocado, eggs, bacon, chicken skin etc.
- If you think it has sugar it has, avoid it (fruits, fruit juice and anything that says low fat, lite or approved by the heart foundation);
- Add a handful of protein to all meals. Fish, chicken, meat, visceral meats etc;
- Throw out all your vegetable oil and replace with butter, lard and olive oil;
- You're going to get thirsty, drink. Water is your best friend
- Weight loss is an added benefit - health is the main. Focus on your health markers;
- Breakfast and early morning sunshine with good sleep is the key to your success;
- Don’t rush out and buy anything new to you unless its green or fresh
What’s the big idea with breakfast?
- It stabilises your blood sugar and up regulates fat release;
- It removes the need for insulin to be increased to remove excess glucose - Excess glucose is toxic to your blood and shortens your life span;
- It provides you with time to think about you instead of food;
- It removes and reduces inflammation;
- It forces you to make great nutrition choices;
- It increases energy transfer between your cells, meaning it makes you younger;
- It accelerates fat loss by up regulating fat releasing hormones;
- It increases energy levels by up regulating ketone production;
- It’s the one thing you can do that will take 20% effort but give you 80% of your results;
- Champions do breakfast to satiety.
The principles of the Big Breakfast
- Main priority is stabilizing blood sugar (removing refined sugars/carbs) and removing hunger by getting the body to provide fuel (ketones) through releasing fat and correcting your weight;
- To do this we eat breakfast to satiety, and we know we have eaten to satiety if we are not hungry for 6-8 hrs;
- The elements of the Big breakfast 30g nett protein and 60-80g fat if you can;
- Typically, this is an avocado, handful of bacon, 2-3 eggs and 2-3 tbsp.’s of butter. (First the avocado)
- You will know that its working if you do not get hungry for 6-8 hrs, have excess energy in the afternoon and approach dinner less than hungry;
- Dinner is typically a handful (palm size protein) with a cup or two of veg or salad;
- We do not cut calories; we eat to lose by eating high quality calories. (Cut the carbs);
- We do not do replica foods.