Lamb Curry with cabbage by Landi Govender
1 onion- chopped finely
2 red chilli
1 cinnamon stick
1 bay leaf
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 sprig curry leaves
1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
Half a teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp coriander powder
2 tsp chilli powder
3 tsp masala
2 tomatoes, grated
1 tablespoon tomato paste
3 cups finely sliced cabbage
Salt to taste
1. Heat up 4 tablespoons of oil (I use coconut oil), once the oil is hot add in your chopped onion and cumin seeds.
2. Let the onions brown and seeds pop.
Then add in the cinnamon stick, bay leaf and curry leaves. Allow to fry for a minute and add your ginger and garlic paste.
3. Add in the rest of your spices and tomato paste and give it a good stir. Leave for 2 minutes before adding your meat and salt. Stir pot until the spices cover the meat pieces. Cover the pot and let the meat cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add in 2 chopped tomatoes and cover pot for another 5 minutes.
5. Add the finely sliced cabbage and 1 cup of water and cover pot. And allow to simmer on low heat for 1.5 to 2 hours until meat is tender.
Warm meals like this are great for adding zestmoringa for all your dense nutrients