Want to lose weight?
Eat that fat!
Eating more dietary fat for breakfast will boost your metabolism and help you with fat loss! Your body is in fat-burning mode when you first wake up, and you can keep that going if you keep your carbs intake low in the morning and fats high.
A study from 2010 published in the International Journal of Obesity examined the effect of different types of foods and timing of intake on the development of metabolic syndrome characteristics.
It concludes that eating dietary fat in the morning is better metabolically, because the enzymes are most active when you wake up, and least active at the end of the day. In other words, the first meal you have in the morning will program your metabolism for the rest of the day. So, eat fat and you will most likely be burning fat throughout the day!
A suggested list of foods to use:
- avocados - assists with reaching satiety
- eggs -nutritious, rich in protein, fat, vitamins and minerals
- meat - bacon, pork, red meat, chicken, chicken liver, lamb liver, pork, skilpadjies (liver rolled with caul net/netvet), pate
- fatty fish - salmon, mackerel, sardines, herring, tuna
- fresh vegetables - broccoli, spinach, kale
- nuts - almond butter
- fats - avo oil, coconut oil, lard, butter and olive oil, Ketone Booster
- prebiotics - sauerkraut, Zest Moringa
- spices/herbs - salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, turmeric, basil, Moringa Chili
BIG Breakfast ideas:
Egg fold-over on bed of spinach, fried in lard.
Centre filled with fish or meat of choice.
Topped with Crackling and Balsamic Beads.
Scambled eggs fried in cococut oil.
Served with roast on side & slightly fried broccoli.
Egg fold over, filled with fried spinach, fried in avo oil.
Served with homemade mayo & liver pate.
Mix egg, add bacon/meat, oil and spices and add to muffin pan.
Bake at 180' about 10mins/till eggs are cooked. Served with spinach.
Almond butter is a great add on.
Fried eggs in lard served with avo & skilpadjies.
Click on image above